Norm has spent his entire career representing real estate investors, property owners, property managers, and the owners of small to midsize businesses. As a business owner he understands the needs of his clients.
Norm is active in the North Carolina real estate investment community. His notable involvement includes sitting on the Board of Directors of the Apartment Association of North Carolina, the Board of Directors as General Counsel to the Triangle Apartment Association, and two committees at the National Apartment Association.
In addition to the legal counsel portion of his practice, Norm is the Managing Partner and as such faces with the same challenges and rewards as his clients who own or manage the businesses where they work.
When not practicing law Norm is usually helping his wife Rachel chase around his elementary school age daughter or preschool son — or, on a rare occasion, playing golf or tennis, reading business management books, or cooking.
Professional & Civic Associations
- National Apartment Association – Legislative Committee & Independent Rental Owner Committee
- Apartment Association of North Carolina – Board of Directors & Product and Services Committee
- Triangle Apartment Association – Board of Directors & General Counsel
- Triangle Commercial Association of Realtors – Political Action Committee
- Institute for Real Estate Management – Income and Expense Committee
- Raleigh Regional Association of Realtors
- Triangle Real Estate Investors Association
- North Carolina Bar Association – Real Estate Law Section & Business Law Section
- American Bar Association – Law Practice Division
Principal Areas of Practice
Real estate and business transactions and litigation including:
- Commercial Real Estate Purchase, Sale, & Refinance
- Real Estate Syndication
- Multifamily Purchase, Sale & Refinance
- Residential & Commercial Landlord/Tenant Litigation
- Residential & Commercial Lease Preparation & Negotiation
- Business Entity Formation, Sale & Governance
- Secured/Private Lending
- North Carolina State Bar (2009)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina (2011)
- United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina (2010)
- New York (2000, inactive)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York (2002, inactive)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (2002, inactive)
- New Jersey (1999, inactive)
- U.S. District Court for District of New Jersey (1999, inactive)
- Rutgers School of Law, J.D. (1999)
- Rutgers University, B.A. (1995)